Friday, February 17, 2012

Any "cook your own food" restaurants in DC?

Hey, so I'd like to take my boyfriend out for his birthday %26amp; I was thinking it would be cool to go to a "cook your own food" restaurant. I've been to one before in DC but I don't know the name. I know the Japanese/Korean type is called yakiniku or shabu shabu, if you know of any Japanese restaurants that would be perfect! But I'd also like to try any "cook your own food" restaurant available in DC. Thanks so much!Any "cook your own food" restaurants in DC?
Here are the more highly rated area restaurants listed for shabu shabu:



Bob's Shabu Shabu

316 N Washington Street

Rockville, MD 20850

(301) 294-5888



Sakura Express Annandale

4231 Markham Street #N

Annandale, VA 22003

(703) 916-0006



Oegadgib

7331 Little River Turnpike

Annandale, VA 22003

(703) 941-3400
Bob's 88 Shabu Shabu in Rockville that someone else mentioned is closed now; the Bob's 66 across the street is still open as far as I know. The best place used to be the Japan Inn on Wisconsin, but they're no longer open either. I have heard some good things about Yosaku, but have never been myself and don't know if they have shabu shabu http://www.yosakusushi.com/Any "cook your own food" restaurants in DC?
Sakura is a steakhouse where they cook your meal in front of you. But as far as "cook your OWN food" I'd have to say the Melting Pot. It's a fondue restaurant and you put the chicken, beef, seafood, veggies in the pot yourself cooking them as long or as short as you'd like.
That sounds soooooo cool!! Have fun! sorry I don't know the name of any though.

No comments:

Post a Comment