Friday, February 3, 2012

I need a good restaurant in the DC area to have a 60th birthday dinner for my dad?

I am looking for a place with good food and good service. He loves american food and seafood. Any suggestions for a place with private rooms would be great also. We expect about 15 people in total for the dinner.I need a good restaurant in the DC area to have a 60th birthday dinner for my dad?
You might want to consider the Melting Pot (multiple locations), for a fondue experience. It is a great atmosphere for a group. Potowmac Landing, on the VA side of the Potomac River, is pretty nice as well, excellent food and a wonderful view, save room for dessert. Mango Mikes in Alexandria has great food.



If Tex Mex were an option I would recommend Austin Grill, more reasonably priced but excellent food and service.



Also check Washingtonian Magazine's website and OpenTable.com for Ideas.



Charthouse is nice, but might be a tight fit for 15.



It is hard to give advice without a price range.
Clyde's Tower Oaks in Rockville, MD

Legal Seafood in Bethesda, MD or Tyson's Galleria, VA

Morton's Steak House -- several locations

The Palm " "

McCormick and Schmick " "I need a good restaurant in the DC area to have a 60th birthday dinner for my dad?
The ChartHouse in Old Town Alexandria (It is on the Potamac)
Two places I like, that meet these criteria are Vidalia and The Capital Grille.



Vidalia has a private "onion room" where they can serve exactly what you'd like. I love everything on their regular menu, so I don't think you can go wrong.

http://www.bistrobis.com/vidalia/private鈥?/a>



The Capital Grille has places downtown and in Tyson's corner. They have magnificent steaks, good vegetables, side dishes, and probably a little seafood. Awsome calamari!

http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/About/Ma鈥?/a>
Artie's in Fairfax is excellent! It's the only Virginia restaurant recognized every year by the Washington Post.

You can also try the Union Street Public House in Old Town Alexandria. It's almost on the water and in a very cute area.
I absolutely love Old Ebbitt Grill



http://www.ebbitt.com/main/index-flash.c鈥?/a>
Question should have been more geared to a certain area of the Washington DC area. Maryland, NOVA, DC proper etc.....from Annapolis to Leesburg, VA.....etc....so many possibilities.....

No comments:

Post a Comment