Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Know any good Udupi restaurants in DC?

I love Indian food, but I want to eat southern Indian cuisne when I visit DC next week. Anyone know a good Udupi place?Know any good Udupi restaurants in DC?
Udupi Palace in Tacoma Park, especially if you want a little more ambiance. I think it is accessible via metro or at least a very short cab ride.



One of my favorites is Amma's Vegetarian Kitchen. It's not fancy - lunch counter ambiance, but great food. There is one in Georgetown, which you can get to pretty easily, the other in Vienna, a litle harder.



All these southern Indian vegetarian with great food.
Most of the Udupi restaurants I know of are located outside of the city in the 'burbs. There are some very nice Indian restaurants in the city (although not necessarily Udupi). The places in the city that I know are good (Bombay Club, Indeblue, Rasika) are a bit posh for just a quick lunch or dinner.



The Washington Post has an excellent city guide and restaurant directory, I would look there for a place that comes close to what you're looking for...Know any good Udupi restaurants in DC?
Udupi Palace in Takoma Park / Langley Park, Maryland is one of our favorite places to eat. You'd have to drive or take a bus from the Takoma Metro station, but its worth the effort.



Nirvana, 1810 K Street NW, is another good choice for vegetarian Indian cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment