Friday, February 17, 2012

What are some cute restaurants in Northern Virginia or Washington DC for a 15th Birthday party dinner?

I want to have my 15th birthday party at a cute teenagerish restaurant around Northern Virginia. I only need a space big enough for 6-8 people. Please let me know if you know of any nice restaurants for this event. Thanks!!!What are some cute restaurants in Northern Virginia or Washington DC for a 15th Birthday party dinner?
It would be good to know what kind of food you're interested in, as well as a budget, but here are several suggestions:



The Melting Pot (fondue restaurant, can be kind of pricey, but very fun - I had my 18th birthday there with 8 people, in a huge booth; food is unique and tasty; it's a chain so you can probably find one near you)



Coco Sala (downtown DC, all about chocolate - I would go for the various dessert samplers, not necessarily the other food; prices are okay on desserts, a little high on mains)



Sweetwater Tavern (there are two or three in NoVA, they are kind of 'upscale-casual' dining, typical American fare done really well, great entrees and desserts, not too expensive) - actually, all of the Great American Restaurants places (Sweetwater, Coastal Flats, Jackson's) are fun and have good food.



If you're into Mexican food but don't want Chipotle... Alto Plaza, on Rt. 29, is a more upscale (but still affordable) place to go.



You could also try doing tapas, basically little shareable plates of food. There are loads of Spanish tapas restaurants downtown, like Jaleo and LaTasca, although I've never been to either so I can't speak to their food. They're always getting pretty good reviews though.

No comments:

Post a Comment