Monday, February 6, 2012

Anyone going to restaurant week in Washington, DC?

Just want to know if anyone is going to any restaurants during restaurant week (August 6-12, 2007) in DC. If you are, which restaurants in the DC area would you recommend and can I come with you? lol. Add me on my space!



www.myspace.com/bjeanelle





Info on restaurant week:



Join us in August when some of Washington, DC's finest restaurants offer awe-inspiring, multi-course meals prepared especially for this gourmet event.



The Washington, DC Convention %26amp; Tourism Corporation and the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington are proud to present the 11th Washington, DC Restaurant Week from August 6-12, 2007.





Lunch: restaurants that will offer a 3-course fixed-price

lunch special for $20.07



Dinner: restaurants that will offer a 3-course fixed-price

dinner special for $30.07



For more information:

http://www.washington.org/restaurantwk/Anyone going to restaurant week in Washington, DC?
I don't know that I'll be going anywhere this time... might be out of town on business... but I can give you my favorites and recommendations :)



If you like the freshest seafood go to either Tony and Joe's or Oceanaire. Both are awesome!



For the best view, Sequoia - although for me, I think the service isn't what it used to be and check your bill carefully... they've been making some errors lately - lol



For something different, try Willow. They are actually extending their "restaurant week" until August 18.



Jaleo and Kinkead's are both constantly considered some of the best in the DC area...



I tend to lean toward Georgia Brown's, B Smith, Vidalia... but I grew up in the south - lol



If you love Italian food and you only go one place... go to Filomena. Tell "the pasta mamas" I said hello... it's just like home and the food is just comfort from the inside out... just incredible!



If you've got room for one more plate of pasta at some point, go to Dino... local ingredients, really good wines for reasonable prices, rustic Italian fare... just excellent!



For something a bit more intimate, try Tabard Inn and Colvin Run Tavern.



And for a dining experience everyone should have once in a lifetime, visit Todd and Ellen Gray's Equinox. They're lovely people and their menu is constantly in flux depending on the season etc... it's just another extraordinary dining opportunity...



The one place I haven't been yet that I plan to go at some point? Farrah Olivia by Morou. I love the chef and I can't wait to try this property!



All the restaurants I listed are also listed in the top 100 restaurants in DC area by Washingtonian Magazine by the way... and for good reason :)



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment