Saturday, March 3, 2012

Good restaurants to host/serve at in Washington, DC/NoVA?

I'm 17, turning 18 in June, and live in Arlington, VA. I want to work in a restaurant this summer starting as a host, and hopefully becoming a waiter once I can serve alcohol. I have been offered two jobs: Harry's Tap Room in Clarendon pays $10/hr. and seems like I could become a waiter later; and J. Gilbert's in McLean, which pays $7.50/hr. then pools tips to become around $10-11/hr according the manager, but it doesn't seem like I could become a waiter this summer. Any other suggestions of good restaurants in NoVA or DC that might pay more and give me a good chance to graduate to a waiter?Good restaurants to host/serve at in Washington, DC/NoVA?
I have many friends who work/have worked for Great American Restaurants (Artie's, Coastal Flats, Jackson's, Sweetwater) %26amp; they LOVE it. They treat their employees very well %26amp; the wages %26amp; tips are great.Good restaurants to host/serve at in Washington, DC/NoVA?
I recommend the $7.50/hr job.



When looking for something else, look for something in fine dining if they'll hire someone with little to no experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment