Friday, March 9, 2012

I have three days in Washington DC with my best friend. What should we do?

What are the best tourist sites? What are the best seafood and sushi restaurants? What clubs are best for women in their late 30s to go to is they want to hear jazzy music but don't want to be hit on?

What is a good upscale day spa?I have three days in Washington DC with my best friend. What should we do?
I can answer some, but not all, of these questions. On tourist sites, if you are heading out this week, absolutely go see the Cherry Blossoms. They have been at their peak in the last week or so. That puts you right at the National Mall anyway, so you can check out the rest of the scene there (the monuments, Smithsonian museums, etc.). Other fun touristy areas: Dupont Circle, Georgetown.



As for best seafood, Kinkead's (Foggy Bottom area) is a long-established, well known and very popular place for some incredible seafood-IMHO it's the best place in town for seafood. D.C. Coast (downtown) also usually comes recommended.



For sushi, Sushi Taro in Dupont is fantastic (and conveniently puts you near the heart of Dupont Circle, also a great place to explore)-don't be scared away by the less than stellar outside. It's quite nice inside, and the sushi is great. Popular other choices (always on the Wash Post food critic's list) are Sushi Ko (way up in Georgetown, so good if you want a really long walk through G-town or a short cab ride!) and Kaz Sushi Bistro (downtown).



Not too familiar with clubs, but I've heard 18th Street Lounge in Dupont (is that still open?) was always a cool, low-key spot for jazzy music. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.I have three days in Washington DC with my best friend. What should we do?
go to the mall not a mall the mall look at all the monuments and good food is in china town

No comments:

Post a Comment