Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Memorable/amazing restaurants in the DC area?

Please list鈥?br>


My bf鈥檚 birthday is coming up in less than a month. He loves to try new foods and is curious about different flavors. To give you an example of some restaurants we have already tried are: the Himalayan Heritage Restaurant (a Traditional Nepalese and Indian cuisine), Japone (Japanese/Sushi cuisine), Raku (Asian/Sushi cuisine), and Red Lobster (a seafood place) to name a few.



I would like to take him to dinner to a restaurant in which the food is amazing and the location is memorable. Wine %26amp; drinks do not need to be included, due to the fact that we both don鈥檛 drink. Price would have to vary, I don鈥檛 plan on being cheap but I wouldn鈥檛 like to be bankrupt either.



Please do help me!



%26amp; Thanks for the suggestions and time. =)Memorable/amazing restaurants in the DC area?
If he's into trying new foods, I highly recommend Bacchus, located in downtown D.C. (and Bethesda, Maryland) or Zed's Ethiopian restaurant in Georgetown. Bacchus serves middle eastern food and Zed's is YUMMY. Service is good too. :) Wherever you go, enjoy!
My husband and I always try to hit up the Hard Rock Cafe in each city we go to. We just recently went to the Hard Rock in DC - atmosphere was great and the food was amazing!



You could always go to Eastern Market. There are a number of restaurants of various cultures in that area.Memorable/amazing restaurants in the DC area?
When I was visiting, we went to a Thai restaurant called Basura. Yes, Basura means trash in Spanish. But in Thai, it must mean delicious.



It is kind of expensive, but the food is great and unique.
Marrakesh - Moroccan

Rasika - Indian

Dukem - Ethiopian

Jaleo - Spanish tapas

Oyamel - Oaxacan style small plates
There are a TON of great places in the DC area. I often use the reviews from the washingtonian web site to try new places you may want to check them out. One place I like to go for a good experience is 1789. Although they are not very unique when it comes to food, the food is very good it is in a fun location (Georgetown) and it is a jacket required restaurant. Basically it makes a very classy dinar. Despite being a fairly formal restaurant the prices are not out of the world. Most of the entres run around $30. Two people can have a very nice multi course meal with a drink for around $150. If you are on a budget, they offer a pre dinar theater menu which is a lower cost fixed price multi course meal, I could be wrong but I think it is around $40 pp. I normally don't get it because I like their steaks the best and last time I was at the place it was not on the pre-diner menu.
Morton's on Prospect St does steaks the best in the entire city; Comfort food I recommend Founding Farmers (great all organic food), American Cuisine, modern interpretation I'd go to Blue Duck Tavern.



Founding Farmers and Blue Duck Tavern entrees are about $15-$30.

Morton's Steaks are $40+ (An 8 oz filet miginon and a potato will run you $50 or so), but their Hot Chocolate Cake is to die for.



At founding farmers, I prefer the gourmet popcorn of the day ($2) for an appetizer, La Quercia Prosciutto Flatbread ($8) to start out, Southern Pan Fried Chicken with Gravy and Waffles ($16) for an entree, and the Chocolate Moose Bowl for 2 ($10) is great way to end. The portions are so big that the foods I just named would be more than enough for 2 people to share (and they won't hammer you with a sharing surcharge like some restaurants will). Overall, you could be out the door for $50, including tax and tip for 2 people!

No comments:

Post a Comment