Friday, March 9, 2012

Washington DC Downtown waterfront?

I am going to DC in a few week and was wonder does any one know where downtown DC waterfront is located? I been there many years ago but don't remember the address. I remember walking down a long street with shops and restaurant and ending up by the water. There were boats at the small dock and street performers. Any info is helpful. Thanks!Washington DC Downtown waterfront?
Could also be Georgetown.Washington DC Downtown waterfront?
You're thinking of Maine Avenue, Southwest. It's located more or less behind L'Enfant Plaza, and walking distance from the National Mall. There are several restaurants, including a Phillips Seafood, a live fish market, a marina, and at the end of the row is Arena Stage. I've never seen street performers there myself, but it's the type of place you could indeed see them.



UPDATE



I agree with Jessica--the description could also apply to Georgetown, particularly Washington Harbor along the Potomac. If this video shows the place you're thinking of, it's indeed Washington Harbor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqBmomeey鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment