Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Why can't Canada's Embassy inside the USA (Washington, DC) have Canadian restaurant?

and butter tarts and a Tim Hortons and some CFL condiments and T-shirts and maple leaf pucks and maple leaf flags and RCMP stickers



and NDP, Liberal, Conservative, Green, Block stickersWhy can't Canada's Embassy inside the USA (Washington, DC) have Canadian restaurant?
Because the Canada Cafe in the LA area went out of business trying to sell poutine and Nanaimo bars as well as American food. It failed even though over 250,000 Canadians live here. Canadian food is just not distinctive enough from American food.



Besides, in my 49 years in Canada, before moving to LA in 2001, I never saw moose, muskox and redeye in a Canadian restaurant in Canada.



And WTF is "trapper's delight".
Tim Horton's is just a company. This country has to stop flaunting it as having special Canadian identity. Same goes with maple leaves; I have never seen a maple leaf on a tree or on the ground in my life.

CFL isn't that popular in Canada; we don't have enough Africans for that. I don't care for butter tarts, and I don't see any Canadianness in them.

I like the RCMP stickers though.Why can't Canada's Embassy inside the USA (Washington, DC) have Canadian restaurant?
you really should call the embassy, then you'd get first hand info. -:)



http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/was鈥?/a>
Because restaurants need to make more money then they cost. I doubt that they would without substantial amounts of money being spent on advertising. Plus who would buy Canadian stuff if you are charging double the price for it. I'm Canadian and I wouldn't pay such stupid prices for things...
  • things to do in miami
  • yamaha atv
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment