Saturday, March 3, 2012

Restaurants in DC?

I am visiting Washington DC 12/21 thru 12/25 and will be staying less than a mile from the national mall. I am looking for some good and not TOO expensive restaurants to eat at.



my boyfriend and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary so someplace special would be awesome (we like all types of cuisine)



Thanks!!!Restaurants in DC?
I liked a place called America(if I remember correctly) at Union Station. They serve all sorts of food although I can't remember if the prices are good...it's been like 13 years.
go to palena restaurant on connecticut avenue and eat in the cafe. awesome food, great chef. phone there is 2025379250Restaurants in DC?
Dining near the mall: http://dc.about.com/od/restaurants/a/Din鈥?/a>



Cheap Eats in DC: http://www.washingtonian.com/packages/ch鈥?/a>



Some of my personal favorites are Palena Cafe, Oohs and Aahs, Etete, Zaytinya, Zorba's, Matchbox, Ceviche, Cafe Divan, and the hands down best is Jaleo (tapas and sangria... what better way to celebrate!)



If you're looking for romance at a moderate price, consider Piccolo: http://www.piccolodc.com/ They have strolling violinists on Friday and Saturday nights, appetizers average $5-6 and entrees average $15-20.
Old Ebbits Grill right across from the White House.....very old place.......mingle with Secret Service agents and others....

.

nice enough and good food for an anniversary....



have fun
Old Ebbitt is fabulous!!!! I would also like to suggest the DC Chop House and the Gordon Biersch Brewery...have fun and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment