Friday, February 17, 2012

What are some good restaurants in washington dc?

My birthday is coming up and I would like to go out to eat so I was wondering what are some nice restaurants to go to??What are some good restaurants in washington dc?
clyds in gorgetown or by the verison center there are other locations in the dc area best burgers ever good salads too
So many to chose from - Olives is a great restaurant. Originally started in Charlestown, MA. If you go, please order the souffle...it is their signature.



http://www.toddenglish.com/Restaurants/O鈥?/a>What are some good restaurants in washington dc?
If you enjoy authentic spanish tapas you will LOVE Jaleo!!! This is a must try I don't live in DC or in the area but when I come to visit I have to go everytime. They have three locations downtown DC (Penn Quarter) Bethesda, MD and Crystal City so there has to be a location thats close to you. Desserts are all house made so dig in! Happy birthday enjoy!
If you like Italian food, go to Filomena (where the pasta mamas make the pasta fresh every day) http://www.filomenadc.com/



If you're looking for REALLY upscale, go to Michel Richard Citronelle: http://www.citronelledc.com/



Seafood? Tony and Joe's: http://www.dcseafood.com/taj/index.htm
rainforest cafe

legal seafood

capital grille

luna grille



it truly depends on your taste..
Try the Melting Pot. It is VERY different. You can choose different meats and you can cook it fondue style right at your table. You get a choice of veggies, meats, different cheeses and fondues. Even dessert fondue. Here is the website you can check out. The service is great there and that is hard to find in this area.
When I was there with my grandmother by far the best was Capital Grille, plus its right off Pennsylvania Ave.



But I would call for reservations before hand. here is the number: 202 737 6200



FYI try the Filet Mignon its to die for.
There are so many good restaurants in DC, I almost don't know where to start. Let me start off by saying - please don't spend your birthday at a chain restaurant, there are too many wonderful places to try.



Old Ebbitt Grill - This is my brother's very favorite restaurant. They have American food and good atmosphere - it's a really popular place.



If your birthday is in the summer and you want to enjoy the nice weather, try Nick's Riverside Grill. It's right by the Potomac so you can sit outside by the water and people watch, etc.



Bambule is a really nice Tapas restaurant on Wisconsin. This one's really fun if you're going out w/ a group b/c you can order a whole lot of tapas to share.



If you're looking for someplace really upscale and expensive, the food and ambiance at 1789 in Gtown are excellent.



Also, I don't eat seafood so I haven't tried this one, but I've heard from several people that Kinkead's is the best fish restaurant in the city. Enjoy your birthday!
Legal Seafood, which I think is technically in MD. I believe it's in Crystal City (?). Something crystal in the town name.
Hoo flung dung in China town

No comments:

Post a Comment